This project encompassed full MEP services for a terminal building with a 1,000m² underground car park. This terminal is dedicated to welcoming VVIP dignitaries and heads of states arriving in Abu Dhabi. Located at the southwest end of the Abu Dhabi International Airport, it is close to the existing presidential flight facility.
Specialist areas include:
- A 15m high welcome hall to accommodate a 260-piece band plus all ruling dignitaries
- Black & White conducted thermal analysis, including macro flow air modelling
- State-of-the-art media centre
- Specialist air conditioned, fully glazed airplane entrance
- Central cooling plant upgrade and refurbishment whilst maintaining a fully operational presidential terminal
- Royal Majlis with zero-tolerance internal comfort criteria
A newly developed standardised approach to dynamic thermal modelling for typical building types enabled plant requirements to be obtained at an early stage in the design. This enabled design and development of MEP strategies that would complement the building’s type and form.