Black & White Engineering (B&W) is a consulting engineering firm specialising in the field of Building Services (MEP)Engineering.
It is B&W’s policy to achieve a quality of behaviour, product and service that surpasses our client’s needs and expectations with respect to environmental management and sustainable development. By adopting an integrated management systemthat is compliant with ISO 14001:2015 we can ensure that our processes are planned to allow all staff to achieve our veryhigh standards as efficiently and consistently as possible, minimising the impact of the Company activities on the environment.
It is B&W’s management representative’s duty to ensure all staff are empowered to share the responsibility of implementing the QSE System and in turn, it becomes the responsibility of all staff to ensure that our services are carried out in accordance with the systems set.
Our environmental commitments
We will demonstrate our commitment to the protection of the environment through:
- The promotion of sustainable development in all our business activities
- Compliance with legal and other relevant requirements.
- The continual improvement of our environmental performance throughout our operations and activities.
- Minimizing waste and pollution throughout our operations and activities.
Our environmental objectives
To underpin these 4 commitments, we have adopted the following strategies:
- Engage with our Clients and peers to promote, design and deliver sustainable outcomes to meet their expectations and needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
- Management and reduction of waste from our operations and activities.
- Adoption of energy and water efficiency best practice in our design and our construction activities.
- The identification and management of environmental risks associated with our business activities.
- Consideration of our neighbours, wildlife and the wider environment.
- Promotion of improved environmental performance by our contractors and suppliers.
- Achievement and maintenance of an environmental management system conforming to ISO 14001:2015.
Our objectives will be delivered through a programme of environmental targets and will be managed and monitored by our motivated team.
Who is this policy statement for?
Copies of this environmental policy statement will be issued to all those with an interest. Thisstatement will be promoted to employees, customers and representatives of the local communities in which we operate.