Black & White Engineering (B&W) is a consulting engineering firm specialising in the field of Building Services (MEP)Engineering.
B&W is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst its workforce. The aim is that ourworkforce will be representative of allsections of society and each Employee feelsrespected.
To that end the purpose of this policy is to provide equality and fairness for all in our employ and not to discriminateirrespective of:
- Gender, marital or family status
- Religious belief or political opinion
- Race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin
- Sexual orientation
We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. All Employees, whether part‐time, full‐time or temporary, willbe treated fairly and with respect. Selection for employment, promotion, training or any other benefit will be based onaptitude and ability. All employees will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents andresources of the workforce will be fully utilised to maximize the efficiency of the Company. We are committed to thefollowing equality principles:
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all ourstaff are recognised and valued.
- Every employee is entitled to a working environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- Training, development and progression opportunities are available to all staff.
- Equality in the workplace is good management practice and makes sound business sense.
- We will review all our employment practices and procedures to ensure fairness.
- Breaches of our equality policy will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary proceedings.
- This policy is fully supported by the Directors and has been agreed with staff.
The local Directors are specifically responsible for effective implementation of this policy. However, all Employees are required to actively support this policy and help create the equality environment envisaged.
To implement this policy, we will ensure that the policy is communicated to all employees, through induction, team meetings, distribution and display of written documentation, via the recruitment procedures, etc.
Who is this policy statement for?
Copies of this Equality and Diversity policy statement will be issued to all those with an interest. This statement will be promoted to employees, customers and representatives of the local communities in which we operate.