It is Black & White Engineering’s (B&W’s) policy to provide a healthy and safe environment for our employees, sub‐contractors visitors and others through our behaviour, product and service that surpasses our client’s needs and expectations. By adopting systemsthat are compliant with ISO 45001:2018 we can ensure that our processes are planned to allow all staff to work toward achieving our very high standard of product and services as efficiently and consistently as possible, minimising the risk of injury or illness linked to the Company activities through a wide implementation of preventive procedures and actions.
It is B&W’s management representative’s duty to ensure all staff are empowered to share the responsibility of implementing the QSE System and in turn, it becomes the responsibility of all staff to ensure that our services are carried out in accordance with the systems set.
Our Occupational Health & Safety commitments
We will demonstrate our commitments to occupational health & safety through:
- The promotion and the implementation of occupational health and safety principlesin all our business activities.
- The compliance with legal and other relevant requirements.
- The continual improvement of our occupational health & safety performance throughout our operations and activities to meet the requirements of ISO 45001:2018.
Our Occupational Health & Safety objectives
We consider the Health and Safety of our employees, sub‐contractors, visitors and others who may be affected by our operations to be our highest priority. We have adopted the following objectives:
- Give the management of Occupational Health and Safety at least equal consideration to all other business functions.
- Ensure that suitable and sufficient information training, instruction and supervision is provided so that all employees can complete their work in safety.
- Encourage our team to participate in all elements of the OH&S management.
- Consult with our staff on Occupational Health and Safety matters through regular staff meetings which will include the development of policy, procedures and review of accidents to ensure that preventative and protective measures are effectively monitored, and the promotion of the implementation of procedures that will prevent injury / ill health to employees, to become the focus for continuous improvement initiatives.
Our objectives will be delivered through a programme of Health and Safety targets and will be managed and monitored by our motivated team.
Who is this policy statement for?
Copies of this policy statement will be issued to all those with an interest. This statement will be promoted to employees,customers and representatives of the local communities in which we operate.